This post is funny to me self as I’m typing it and you’ll soon find out why. NO you didn’t misread the heading..I cut my hair again!
- I’m one of those “it’s just hair, it will grow back people”
- I want you my sweet sweet blog readers to watch me grow my hair again from scratch.
- I want to focus on length retention this time and not just styling. As I said in a previous post, the last time I did the big chop, I was just interested in having pretty natural hair and rocking it and I didn’t care for my hair well enough to really retain length.. Yes I know the hair was growing Stephanie but this time, that will be the main focus..
- There’s just something about new beginnings/ fresh starts that I like.
The reactions I got from my family members was priceless.. haha. I guess they’re already tired of seeing me cut my hair (4th time in six years) but then it’s just hair. My friends found out much later though and you can be sure I heard it. Lol
Hmm as for the pictures, I was just going to share a couple of selfies oh, that’s how I was seeing a friend off so I stepped out of the house and saw this bus parked in front so I thought why not just be full on dramatic hehe..
So without further ado, I’ll be sharing with you some ways I intend to rock my teeny weeny afro and ways you can too if your hair is still at this stage..
- Skin care: Skin ke? Yes skin.. So now there’s no hair to cover your face and all that so you want to make sure you’re treating your face with love! By the way, I’ve been breaking out like crazy lately and I’m yet to figure out why but then I’m going in full force to care for my skin now. Make sure you take off your make up before bed, cleanse, exfoliate and tone as much as needed. It’s very important to build a skin care regimen and I just learned that so I’m sharing it with you.
- Make up: Now for some people, less is more but for others, the more the merrier ba? *joking* Anyway, make sure that if you wear make-up, your game is on point. I mean eyebrows on fleek and all that (sorry if you hate that phrase, I couldn’t resist). My make-up routine is pretty basic depending on the occasion but right now I’m going over to YouTube to learn all the highlighting and stuff lol. Invest in some bold colour lippies as well and make a statement (pleasant) when you step out. But don’t make the mistake of overcompensating and applying too much makeup cos then it’ll be like who forced you to cut your hair?
- Accessorize: I’m not one for bold earrings but if you are, it’s your time to shine cos there’s no hair covering that up now. Buy pretty printed scarves, hats, hair accessories and the likes. This would also come in handy for when you just don’t feel like going out in your afro. Also you can layer up your neck pieces or wear statement pieces that would draw attention to that area.
- Bantu Knots/finger coils/wash and go/twist outs: These are various ways to spice up your TWA from time to time or even on a daily basis if you prefer. I’ll pretty much be patting down my afro and heading out mostly but you can switch things up if you like. I love wash and go’s mostly because they’re pretty, effortless and can be achieved under 10 minutes (I mean with hair this short, I can’t be stressing). Meanwhile if you see me rocking a wash and go and you don’t fall in love with me then I don’t think you can fall in love again oh lol
- Hair colour: Now this is a way to rock a statement TWA. Getting the right colour for your hair can take your natural hair game from a 0 to a 100 and it’s something I might just do. But hair colouring with chemical dyes have all sorts of effects on the hair that could lead to dryness, breakage or even loosen your curl pattern so you want to make sure that your moisturizing and deep conditioning game is strong if you do this. You can use natural colours such as henna, zobo leaf, indigo etc as well. Though these doesn’t last as long, they are safer for your hair. What hair colour do you think I should get if I decide to?
Whatever or however you choose to style it, the most important thing is to be confident. Your look will change of course and without the make-up, I probably look like a secondary school student but it’s a look/trend I’m currently digging so rock your TWA with confidence and watch the compliments roll in. And of course you don’t have to big chop to go natural. I’ll talk about that in another post though.
Soon enough, I’ll share my new/improved hair regimen, how I intend to take care of my hair and all that stuff so please follow/subscribe to the blog to get a direct notification. Not much has changed though, I’ll just be adding and deleting a few things depending on what works. So if you just cut your hair or are about to, then let’s do this. If your hair is relaxed, you’re transitioning or you just want to start paying more attention to your hair, let’s do this.. I got you! And the best part is that I’ll be doing it along with you and not just handing you some theories.
What do you think of my new hair cut? Can you cut your hair this low or even lower? And how do you or would you style your TWA if you currently have one?
If you have any question, you can find me here..
By the way, can you believe I still forget to wet my hair in the shower? I mean!!!!!