I couldn’t wait!! I was going to put this post up later but I couldn’t sit still and keep you all in the dark about this MAJOR dupe for Havana twists I got. I’ve been wanting to get crochet braids Havana twists since as long as Instagram bloggers made it look cool lol but it’s really scarce here in Nigeria and when you finally find it, it costs quite a lot considering you have to use between 3-5 packs to get the desired volume you want. Over the weekend, I got grey box braids (crochet of course) done but sadly I got complains from my Ogas at the top at work about how unprofessional it was or whatever by the way, I’m just a Corper oh. Anyhooo, I innocently went to the market to get black Brazilian wool to recreate the same style and I had actually already paid for the rolls I got and was about leaving the shop when I saw it!! I saw this already twisted kinky looking hair just waiting for me to crochet it to my beautiful head. I quickly gave back the wools in exchange for them and I’m really happy I did. It was so cheap that I thought I was dreaming. Please keep reading to get the juicy details on this look!
Lately I’ve been trying to introduce new practices to my regimen, try new products and all that and one thing that’s caught my attention of recent is scalp massages. I haven’t really been doing them so far in my hair journey except when shampooing so I was curious about it and decided to read up on it and after I did, I thought it was worth sharing so here..
Scalp massage therapy is possibly one of the most relaxing treatments out there because there is so much tension in our neck and head and having a little relief by massaging those areas makes a lot of difference.. But asides that, the most important benefit of a good head massage is increasing blood flow to your head and scalp. Performing a hair care regimen that keeps hair clean, conditioned and moisturized helps to ensure that hair grows out strong and healthy and adding a scalp massage to a hair care regimen stimulates the scalp, improves circulation and reduces stress. If you’re to promote hair growth, you should consider performing scalp massages regularly. This new blood flow will stimulate the capillaries in your head and promote healthy hair regrowth.
1. It helps enhance blood circulation in the head and neck area. When the scalp is “tight” from stress, circulation and hair growth are impeded.
2. It lubricates and conditions the scalp, helping to prevent flakes and dry scalp without the use of harsh chemical shampoos.
Ordinarily, the topic of this post would be top mistakes made by naturals or something but then there’s tons of people with relaxed/transitioning hair who take good care of their hair or try to.. So I put together a number of things that we do or have done wrong that we may not even be aware of..
1. Stop comparing your hair to every one else’s (or the gorgeous bloggers on the Internet). We al have different textures, types, regimens, Bla Bla. So just focus on your hair.
2. Purchasing every recommended product. Not everything is for you no matter who recommends it or what’s been said about it. Think of it as getting something for your pimple / acne. People always say use this and that and at the end you find out that not everything works. Saying yes to every product just leads to product junking. I’m totally against that! It’s not good for your pocket or your hair for that matter even if it’s free.
3. Using oil as a moisturizer.. You’ll often hear people say my hair is dry I need to oil it especially in this part of the world lol.. That doesn’t do anything to actually moisturize your hair..No honey.. What you need is a water based conditioner or good ole water itself then you seal with oil. Continue reading
Hi my lovely people.. So I started 2016 with a Bang! Okay maybe not a bang but bangs and pixie cut, same difference lol..
Anyway, If you’re reading this post then you made it to the new year and I couldn’t be more thankful for you because as we know, it’s the greatest gift to have life. I started this blog in 2015 so if anything, I’m grateful for the past year and all the lessons it brought but that’s not why we are here lol. I know I was away for a while but that’s because I had to go to Nysc camp and Bla Bla.. Don’t even want to get into that one.
So I took out the crochet braids from this post and had a wash day similar to this one minus the protein treatment because my hair really needed the love.
I wanted to start the new year feeling myself with a little bit of Rihanna on the side so what I did was make this Pixie cut wig! There’s a feeling you get when you do something and you know it’s all you! Who else can relate? Lol.. Btw, it was my first time so I was a little nervous but please why do I use all that data watching YouTube videos if I can’t learn anything? Lol. I’ll leave a link but I watched a couple of videos so I can’t even remember.. You could type ‘How to make a pixie cut wig’ into the search engine and see what comes out. Making this wig wasn’t super easy but it definitely wasn’t difficult..
So what you’ll need: Continue reading